Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, April 6, 2012

Going home

We would eventually reach our time of discharge at St.Agnes. I would have no follow up with DCF as I had more than proved myself as a mother. It'd been well over a year. She and I had survived the colic, the teething, the weaning.
She was walking and talking.

I'd wanted to stay but it didn't happen that way. The day we left St. Agnes was flipped with good-bye's and tears and promises to stay in touch that didn't last long. We would go home to my mother and step father's where we started out.
That first year had flown by, as every year after would. Babies grow, mommy's get older. I started off as a fifteen year old mother of new born, I left there well into sixteen, with a toddler. It was a new beginning for us, both scary and exciting. A real baby step towards our life as mother and daughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment