Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Curious things start happening

I was in my night gown. The sun was just beginning to peak through my curtains. I opened my eyes feeling relaxed and light. I put my bare feet on the hardwood floor. As always my mop headed dog, my loyal companion, Cinnamon hopped off the bed with me and wagged. That's when I felt it, the balmy wetness begin to trickle down my leg. Was I peeing? No, I knew better. I'd lost my plug a few days before. I felt like a small dam had burst open from inside me and a small puddle was forming around my naked feet. I grabbed a blanket between my legs and tried to walk with my full term..(two weeks over due) self up the stairs wake my mom and step dad and little brother Cody to let them know " it was time".

I called the doctor's office and was pleased to find out my favorite Ob/GYN in the group was on call. Shortly after, my mom and I left for the hospital where I was hooked up and monitored for contractions, they were so mild I hardly felt them. I was uncomfortable but not much. I was still losing massive amount of water, I wouldn't have water gush in such an amount in my future pregnancies. I was hardly dilated either. They offered to give me pitocin, I refused. They sent me home, yes, with my water broken. I would spend a good amount of time there before returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment