Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Parent aids or Guiding lights

Be an angel to someone else whenever you can, as a way of thanking God for the help your angel has given you. ~Quoted in The Angels' Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman, 1994

God blessed has me with incredible strong women throughout my life to mentor and guide me. The parents aids I was assigned were no exception. These women didn't judge me, they didn't pressure me but guided me. Like many pieces to a puzzle that build a good parent, these women filled in places in my journey that had yet to be filled and they would stay a  consistent part of my life for many years. First as teachers but later as co-workers and friends.

These were persons assigned me, my "case". I was apprehensive about what that meant. Meeting them, I did my best to prove who I was and who I intended to be regardless of what might be written in my file.The idea of  more adult professionals sent to monitor the developments of myself and the baby who would arrive shortly, was disquieting.

Yet, they embraced me. They embraced me so tightly I had a confidence in myself I hadn't found before. They believe in me, and made me feel that I was special, right from the start. Made me feel a stand out from the many mothers they encountered day after day, mothers of all ages. Their unquestioning faith in me, gave me a boost to persevere over my first mommyhood fears and do what needed to be done in the best ways I could.
These women may not ever realize that they do the work of angels, but they do. They set a standard for me then and led me toward a path I will continue to walk throughout my life time.



No comments:

Post a Comment