Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The first confessions of a former teen mom

 I was fourteen year old when I decided to get pregnant and yes I did it on purpose. I was the original Maury "teen gone wild" poster child, before his show ever covered a single mouthy pre-teen girl. Watching the media explode with stories about teen motherhood in the 2012 has been more than amusing.

 For one thing, I gave birth at fifteen to my daughter in 1995. This was long before reality TV, and talk shows were still a fairly new trend.  Had a camera followed me around in those early days of motherhood, viewers may have been bored.

Watching the current shows circulating MTV regarding teen motherhood are much more entertaining then the realities. Although I could be wrong, maybe my life would have made the tabloids at one point but if anything, I seemed to have taken the road least traveled because I had no one on screen setting a standard of how a young mother should act.

As I made mention early on, I was more then wild in my preteen years but the sudden on-set of motherhood mellowed me rapidly. I was in the juvenile justice system at the time I conceived. On probation for a girl-on-girl fight at the railroad tracks behind my middle school. The cold harsh reality set in when talk instantly started between my parents and my probation officer of my unborn child being taken from me when she made entrance into the world. A possible reality I couldn't handle. A terrible threat that rocked my world.

This began the change in me. This is when true mommy mode stepped up and it took its first fragile steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment